Jobs & Vacancies

Post-Doctoral Research Fellow


Dept. of Cariology, Operative Dentistry and Dental Public Health Indiana University School of Dentistry

Post-Doctoral Research Fellow

The position will entail a 90% research focus, with the remaining 10% dedicated to education and training of students. Opportunities for professional development are abundant. The appointment will be for a period of one year, with the possibility of a one year extension subject to satisfactory performance review and funding environment.

Applicants should have a recent PhD degree in oral sciences, or a closely related field with a track record of microbiology and biofilm research, as well as a growing track record of scientific products in peer-reviewed journals. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in biofilm research, mostly oral biofilms as well as expertise in microbiology, molecular biology and imaging techniques, plus a solid knowledge in dentistry and oral health. A DDS degree would be a plus. Additionally, the ideal candidate is expected to have excellent communication/writing skills in English, and to be a team player who appreciates working closely and collaboratively with others in the group. The successful candidate is anticipated to collaborate in various related projects.


April 1, 2018

Dr. Simone Duarte
Associate Professor
IU School of Dentistry
Department of Cariology, Operative Dentistry & Dental Public Health 1121 W. Michigan Street, DS 406
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317-274-5437 (O)

Interested candidates should review the application requirements and submit supporting documents at:



Login for members